One of the ways I believe we can examine our children’s fruitfulness is their “heart” attitude in all that they do. Some questions to ponder:
- Do they love God above all else?
- Love His Word, music, worship, praise, people, church, activities and application of Christian world and life view to everything?
- Do they want to spend “quality” and “quantity” time in the things of God?
- Do they want to please their parents and do what is “just and proper” in the sight of God?
- Do they have generous spirit and giving heart?
- Do they obey those that rule over them, including their parents?
- Do they respect their elders and those older than themselves?
- Are they kind, tenderhearted, humble and forgiving?
- Is their love shown in what they say and do?
- Do they love God more than the things of the world, i.e., the lust of eyes, flesh and pride of life?
- Is God in their future plans in education, career and marriage?
- Have they made public profession of faith, exercised their faith and witness to others of their faith?
- Are they obedient to the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s supper?
For more of this excellent article, please go to http://reformedwomen.wordpress.com/2011/03/20/children-and-salvation/