***Microwave Never-Fail Fudge***
If you follow directions, it will never fail. While not completely classic, it’s both easy and good. Everybody that I have ever served it to loved it. My children think it’s great that they can make fudge “all by myself.”
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Place chocolate chips, condensed milk and butter or margarine in a large microwavable bowl. Microwave about 3 minutes (until the chips are melted). Stir once every minute as it melts. When melted, stir in the chopped nuts, if desired. Pour into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish. Refrigerate until set.
This makes a fantastic Thanksgiving or Christmas punch!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup instant coffee granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 quarts milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
Combine the sugar and the coffee granules and add to the boiling water stirring well until both are dissolved. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Just before you are ready to serve, pour the coffee syrup into a large punch bowl; add the milk and scoops of both ice creams and stir until the ice cream is melted. Makes about 1 gallon.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,
Until next time,
Soli Deo gloria!